Friday, April 2, 2010

DIY Part Deux





Okay, my first attempt to make petal holders...FAIL. Ugly. And didn't make sense. They were awful. But! Let's not let that get the best of us, shall we? No, instead, I did what any other girl does when she's all out of ideas! I look to the interwebs and poof! I found what I wanted!

But, before we go there...let's recap. This is what I wanted:




This is what I made...


Definitely not what I wanted. So, I read somewhere that you can make cones out of doilies cut in half. What? I can do a half DIY and still make it my own? Oh, I'm sold.


I bought these babies at Party City. I could wander that store for hours. But, that's another story. A pack of 48 was plenty enough for me. 96 of these guys is more than enough for our guests.

Easy peasy: Take a doily and fold it in half.


And then let all your anger out with a swift chop with the guillotine! Er, I mean, the paper cutter.


Roll the half-doily into a cone shape with the lacy part on top.



Tape it together ( I taped in two spots because I'm just well, an over-killer), and voila! A petal cone!





Tada!! And with petals inside: 



Ahhh...I feel so much better about this project now. And it was incredibly easy - like used half of my attention easy. I got to watch District 9 while making these bad boys, and now they're a part of my filling hall closet I call the "wedding closet."

I am now living proof that you don't have to be completely crafty to make nice things! Apparently, you just have to be a good Googler!

Have you ever found better ideas on the internet to fix your own DIY disasters?

No comments:

Post a Comment