Sunday, February 6, 2011

Be Mine, Valentine

My son Angelo is in Kindergarten. Which means just about every day I'm given some sort of permission slip, reminder note or something of some sort of activity he is participating in. Of course, with it being February, the activity is the infamous Valentine's Day party.

Oh, I remember my elementary school Valentine's Day parties...hoping you got a 'special' valentine from that cute boy in class (it never happened). Decorating your mailbox and then taking turns with fellow classmates passing out valentines. Oh, and there are treats. Always treats at these parties.



So, as a parent, I was initially excited to get the letter home that Angelo is having a Valentine's Day party. However, I was a bit disappointed to find that for the most part, everything must be store bought. Well, Boo! Each parent is allowed to choose what they want to contribute to the party.

Since baking on my own is out of the question, I decided to go for party favors. There are 26 kids in Angelo's  morning Kindergarten class. We've been asked to make things simple, so I searched for something that would be simple, but cute, and different from anything store bought. The result? I went to Michaels and made favor bags.




(pictures by me)

Each bag contains a coloring/activity sheet, 2 crayons, a scratch-n-sniff sticker and a little bag of Hershey Kisses. The bags were simple - Ziploc bags with a construction paper wrap stapled to the top, embellished with foam stickers.

I think it brings a touch of home-made to a cookie-cutter party. What have you contributed to your children's party?

No comments:

Post a Comment